Monday, January 27, 2014

Headed for Mile 15 with Basal Cell

This year is starting off with a bang. People act like the polar vortex is a new demon. The temperatures in over 75 % of the United States have been below normal. What is normal? Mid Missouri has had more than a foot of snow above the average. What is average? Everyone of us is a different person this year than we were last year. So in a sense we have to have a new normal or new average. Wouldn't you agree?
   
Visited my eye surgeon last week. My vision has returned to normal ranges. My left eye is 20/20 with my glasses and my right eye is 20/25-1 with my glasses. He claims I am healing better than some 20 year old people. He has cleared me to resume normal activities and my surgery regimen with my Mohs surgeon. That being said, my next surgery will be February 4, 2014.

In February I will get the areas around my ears clean. Then in March we will get the forehead area clean. The forehead area will involve another visit to the reconstruction surgeon. During these surgeries the decision will be made on my next course of treatment. I am still researching topical, oral and photo therapy options.



January 27, 2014

December 20, 2013

 Take Away Nugget: What You See Depends Mainly On What You Look For


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.