Sunday, April 6, 2014

Headed for Mile 17...Thank You All

Thank You to everyone keeping track of me and my marathon. I had surgery in February and took the month of March off to recharge. I spent the entire month in Texas visiting family and friends there.

Most people I know in Texas have not seen me since last fall. They were excited to see that my hair is growing back in all my surgery sites. Something else they pointed out to me is that my nose and right eyebrow look more normal. The scar tissue on my nose and above my right eyebrow has softened significantly. This has allowed my nose and right eye brow to drop down.


March 2014

October 2013
















I look at myself everyday yet I dont always notice all the good things. I have hair, it is coming in more grey. But I have hair...WooHoo

Rear View March 2014
Rear View October 2013












 My husband call my surgery site pictured above "Mick Jagger". He claims it looked like the man's lips upside down. To the right you can see no sign of the infamous lips.









Right Side Feb. 05, 2014
 24 hours after Mile 15 this is what my right side looked like at bandage change. Below is the right side two weeks later.











Right Side View Feb. 13, 2014

The view below is actually almost six weeks out from Mile 15. Lots of new hair coming in. I feel like the poster child for "Open Healing". That is not the proper medical term. My surgeon and I opted early on to watch and see how my sites healed. Having spoken to numerous Mohs patients one of the most common complaints to grafting large wound sites is the loss of hair in the area. I am grateful beyond words for my spiky hair. I have to thank my surgeon and his entire staff for their excellent wound care instructions.I have kept my sites covered with Vaseline even when they are able to go naked (without a bandage).




Right Side March 29, 2014

Thanks again to all of you who follow me, pray for me, laugh at and with me. I have received innumerable emails and texts this past month. People just checking on me since there has not been a post. I am truly blessed beyond words.

So I am rapidly approaching the 1 year mark on this journey. Bet you don't know any one else that has taken a year to NOT finish a marathon. Mile 17 will be on Tues April 8, 2014. Mile 18 will be my forehead area, like my eyes this will be a two step process. Thursday, April 17 I will have the cancer removed and Friday, April 18 I will get the site(s) reconstructed. There you have it, the next 30 days of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.