Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The End of Mile 18... The Good...The Bad...and The Ugly

If I count reconstructions, I have probably actually hit Mile 20. My Mohs surgeon says we can clear up the rest of my head and face in 3 surgery days. That is GOOD.




Scalp stitches ready to be removed


My reconstruction surgeon says my new hairline should fill in. That is GOOD. My new hair line will be a little different. My old hairline housed an interesting cowlick so maybe that is gone. My vision with my glasses has returned to 20/20. That also is GOOD. The skin graft over the bridge of my nose has taken to its new home like it was born there. That too is very GOOD.



scalp stitches are gone and new hairline may have a dip

Unfortunately the top part of the graft on my forehead did not take and is dead. This is the area at the end of my suture line that looks scabby. That is BAD. The surgeon still thinks I will heal as well as I have with other surgery sites. He seems somewhat pleased that even part of the graft here took. Something about the skin on the forehead make it a very difficult area to graft.


The UGLY is that cancer does not just affect the humans we love it affects our pets as well. My husband and I rescued Harley over 8 years ago from a neglectful and abusive situation. He has spent the last 5 years living with my mother as her personal body guard after my step father passed away. Harley went to be with Jesus, Tuesday 5/6/2014. Cancer had taken his kidneys and liver.


Harley says "yum"




Take Away Nugget: Check your treasure chest. Are you keeping what really matters close to your heart? Do your thoughts, words and actions show others who you really want them to see?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.