Sunday, December 22, 2013

Mile 14 with Basal Cell

I am attempting this without the aid of my glasses as they will not sit on my face.

Left eye one week post op
My left eye one week post op and prior to removing stitches.

Stitches were removed from my left eye yesterday. More below


Right eye marked for Mohs


 

 Only 5 tumors on right eye. Out of the five only one requires two stages.









Right eye only 5 tumors to remove

 I am already swelling in this picture. There is some bruising starting as well. The discoloration on outer edge of eye is leftover iodine solution from cleaning the eye pre op. 




The next day I have reconstruction on the right eye and my surgeon removes most of the stitches from the left eye.

Twenty four hours past reconstruction. You be the judge.

Bridge of my nose is too swollen to hold glasses

I am swollen from my forehead to my upper lip. They had me prepared to lose my upper and lower eyelids on the left eye. My upper right eyelid was iffy too. The cancer on other places on my head when presenting like my eyelids actually had tumors joining together under the outer skin layers. That is where I get the phrase "sharing a basement condo".  No condos on the eyes. So I get to keep the eyelids!  Thank you Jesus!! 


I have to keep Erythromycin, an ointment on both upper an lower eyelids for a few weeks. It makes me look really oily. The graft done on my left lower eyelid has taken great. You have to be within kissing distance to see it. Yes, the eyes are so swollen this is wide open for me right now.  Not very pretty but the cancer is gone and I have eyelids. Whoo Hoo!



Take Away Nugget: Be thankful for everything your senses show you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.