Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Life Happens - Part Two

It is beyond comprehension that I have now been on this specific journey 2 years straight.  It's been GOOD - even GREAT!!  So where was I...March that's right.

After receiving the $700 bill, I investigated the new billing procedures for my insurance and found that the group that billed for the dermatologist had varying fees and billing types for what I consider the same procedures. That alone left me with varying amounts that I had to pay out of pocket. When I questioned the billing office I was told I "did not understand the coding and billing process". OK. Isn't that why I called to begin with?  I wanted clarification of the IC9 codes they were using.  Instead I was made to feel like that was none of my business. I say again OK?  Who's paying the bill here and what am I paying for?  This was the last straw.  I was already uncomfortable with the doctor and now the billing office was less than cooperative.  Time for a change!

Mr. Parker waiting his turn
I had an updated body skin check and consultation on March 12 with a new dermatologist. An unexpected and GOOD thing from the change is my husband agreed to be seen as well. It turns out he had three areas of concern. After biopsies only one was diagnosed a basal cell carcinoma the other two were benign. He now has a greater respect for what we BCCNS patients go through. This is a GOOD thing. We have had times over the last two years where I felt he thought I was over reacting to my surgeries as well as how my emotions were all over the map.

 .
March 13th and 14th I joined my TOPS weight loss group in Springfield, Missouri for their state recognition day conference. It was so empowering to be with all those people who are on the same journey I am weight wise. Even more encouraging was the time I had to visit with people that have lost well over a hundred pounds and kept it off. I thought I did well with my eating over that weekend but I came home to weigh in and had gained 1/4 pound I was devastated. I thought GREAT, just what I needed before celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary in New Orleans, Louisiana. I went home all upset and dejected. My loving husband went to the sink filled the measuring cup with 4 ounces of water, set it in front of me and said, "REALLY?". All I could do then was laugh.

I wrapped up March with time spent in Memphis on the way to 10 days in New Orleans...what a blast. That too was Great.


My ONLY bite of a Chocolate Hurricane

I managed to eat seafood and other treats while on vacation and still lost weight on my weigh in March 30, 2015.  GOD is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.