Thursday, October 3, 2013

Post Op with Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome

It's a week out of Mile #8. More Basal Cell gone. Lots of new skin.This morning there is no sign of stitches under my eye or along my jaw. That makes me do the happy dance.


I am sorry the pictures are only ones their owner could love. Each picture represents a step closer to being cleaned up from this mess. I am truly thankful for everyone's support through this. Open dialogue has made everyday brighter. Since I first heard the words Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome times have changed immensely. The internet and social media make getting accurate information so much easier and quicker.



Mile #3 (bottom) and Mile #7 (top)


Mile #3 is surrounded with approximately 1/2 inch of new skin. Mile #3 can go naked now except while sleeping. All wound sites are covered to eliminate the new skin getting damaged from bedding. Mile #7 is finally getting to the gellin stage and I can shower without a bandage. There are at least two spots visible in this picture that still have to be removed. One is directly over the earpiece of my glasses and the other is just inside the shaved area down from the back edge of Mile #7.


Mile #2 (top out of frame), Mile #6 (above glasses) and Mile #8 (along the jaw)


Mile#2 is all new skin yet very pink.  Mile #6 is past gellin and just mildly tacky it can go naked now as well. Mile #8 is absolutely beautiful. This is why I love love love stitches. My body heals from them within seven days. It is still tight and slightly puckered. Mile #8 is naked all the time.


Mile #1, Mile #2 and Mile #5


Above my earpiece is a spot of Basal that has yet to be removed. Mile #2 is the skinny fading scar along my jaw. I still butter everything that is completely covered with new skin. Mile #1 is my nose and it is still tight and drawn up from the new skin. Mile #5 is my cheek and only two of the three wound sites are even visible. 

In my next update I will include a picture of Mile #4. My chin is completely healed  and getting buttered every day. If you did not know better you would mistake it for a dimple. My brothers have dimples in their chins. We may finally have some sort of resemblance. LOL for those who know us all.

Take away nugget:  Information becomes Revelation by Meditation. Your brain is your on-board computer. What are you programming into it for your life?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.