Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Celebration in the midst of my Marathon

On September 28, 1964 I announced my arrival to this world. On September 28, 2014 I wanted to celebrate surviving it for 50 years.




Over the hill my butt. Hot pink is the color of the day for my celebration. I shared my day with my sister in law who turned 60 on November 8th. So we booked a hall for October 18th. We had a cake and punch celebration for church family and friends that afternoon. Our local grocer took care of the sheet cakes for the afternoon open house with loads of hot pink roses.










I was beyond surprised when my dear friend Donna came to the Open House. She lives over 60 miles away and has to rely on her mom and sister to take her any place she wants to go. They are an awesome family and we love them a lot. She absolutely adores my husband, Kim and demands hugs from her "lost husband" anytime she sees him. He thinks she is amazing. When he first met Donna she was still walking with crutches. here we are years later and her body just does not cooperate with her spirit.  People do not see the bright and witty talented woman trapped in the body that will not mend.


Subrena, Donna and Kim

Then at 4 that afternoon the DJ and caterers arrived and we flipped the room to have a dinner dance with family and close friends. We made custom centerpieces and gave them away to loved ones.









 

Our caterer kept with the theme except her daughter had to carve us a pumpkin. My favorite baker, Wedding Wonderland, home of the 2014 Next Great Baker winners, out did themselves with my design.












I can not thank everyone enough for coming to our celebration. It was bitter sweet as we planned this with still having my brother in law with us. He is greatly missed and we know he was there in spirit. My family came in from 5 different states and my best friend since junior high school, "Bozo" and his family made the drive to be with there too. 

It would not be my birthday at all if it were not for my mother, Mary who gave me life and my mom Dottie who saved my life.



Dottie, Subrena and Mary


Take Away Nugget: Stop, Drop and Roll will not work in Hell. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.