Sunday, December 7, 2014

Headed for Mile 23, Part 2

September 23, 2014 was a beautiful day.

My birth mother moved here in May and has been a great cheerleader through all my procedures. Cheerleaders are great and I need one almost everyday. My coach on the other hand is my Mom she lives in Texas but that doesn't keep her from keeping me on target with my goals in life and my health.That being said there was an awesome pep talk the night before and I awoke in a great frame of mind.

I was admitted to the outpatient services at Barnes West in St. Louis Missouri for my MRI. the nurse I had for the procedure had an infectious smile and immediately put me at ease. She explained that I would be holding my breath more today than if I had visited a skunk farm. She promised not to let me turn into a smurf. She has done thousands of these procedures and has not had to resuscitate anyone, "YET".

Not only did I not become a smurf, I left an hour or so later feeling like that experience was a God wink in my life. A God wink is when something happens and you feel like it had been preordained all along for just that moment in time to help you get through what ever you were doing at the time.

Late in the afternoon my cardiologist assistant called and told me it would take a couple of days for them to get back to me on the findings. Just keeping me up on their timeline. That was nice. Just another reason I love my team of doctors. In the year and a half I have been on this journey only once did I call to inquire on something. Their staffs have embraced my craziness and kept me in the loop in a very timely manner.

So indeed, 48 hours later my Cardiologist called me and told me the old damage from 2000 is still prevalent and there is a thickening on the one wall of my heart that looks like the beginnings of a fibroid tumor. At this time we will watch and see. He will see me in January and we will discuss at that time what my options are. He definitely wants me to focus on my cardiac health and weight loss.

 Take Away Nugget: I would rather die thinking there is a God and finding out there isn't, than to die thinking there is no God and finding out there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.