Sunday, December 7, 2014

Headed for Mile 23, Part 1

My team of doctors and I are already prepping for the new year. Insurance changes are being reviewed and we are going over the options for treatments in 2015.

On September 17 I met with my regular dermatologist. My insurance will not allow my mohs surgeon to proceed on my back without biopsies showing the cancer to be more invasive than regular excisions can deal with.

In previous discussions my doctors had agreed to do my back in quadrants. Meaning each surgery would clear up 1 of 4 sections of my back.On this visit my doctor said there are at least 30 tumors that need addressed and doing the quadrant plan would be too aggressive. We decided to work on the quadrants rotating around my back to allow healing on each section before removing more in the same area. We agree to schedule the surgeries 4 weeks apart beginning October 21, 2014

So my back will actually start on Mile 24. 10/21/14 then 11/21/14,12/23/14 and 1/23/15. By the 12/23 procedure we will have a better idea of how my back heals. At that time we will schedule more procedures.

Before Mile 23, I have an MRI of my heart on  September 23 to address. 

Take Away Nugget: If you're not satisfied with your church. Look inside not elsewhere. It does not matter what church you r stay home from

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Please don't leave self serving or ugly comments.